Sherwood House Museum is a famous Museum in Yonkers, New York. The Museum is among the few fully furnished resident farmhouses situated in the New York Metropolitan region. In 1740, Thomas Sherwood erected this house on land leased from Frederick Philipse, and it was later acquired by Doctor John Ingersoll, Yonkers' first physician, in 1801. This three-story framed structure, built into a hillside, features an exposed basement. Furthermore, the house has been listed on the National Register of Historic Places, and the Yonkers Historical Society has played a significant role in preserving and restoring this landmark through contributions of furniture, artifacts, funds, and countless hours of work.